- The Nile River is the major north flowing river in north eastern part of Africa to drain into Mediterranean sea near Alexandria.
- The Nile river is longest river in Africa as well on the earth.
- The name Nile is comes from the Greek word “Neilos”, which means valley.
- Ancient Egyptians called the river Ar or Aur means black because of the color of the sediment left after the flood.
- Hapi was the god of annual flooding of the Nile river.
- Total length of this river is about 6,650 kilometres.
- Total basin covers an area of 3,400,000 km square.
- Maximum Width of this river is 2.8 km. The widest part of Nile is at Edfu and smallest part in width is at Silwa gorge near Aswan.
- Average depth of this river is 8 to 11 meter (26 to 36 feet).
- Its average discharge is 3.1 million litres per second.
- The white Nile and Blue Nile are two main tributary rivers of Nile river that flow into this river. The blue Nile is the major tributary of Nile.
- The white Nile originates in great lake regions of central Africa and flows northward.
- Nile river is formed from white Nile which originates near at lake Victoria in Burundi and Rwanda.
- The blue Nile originates at lake Tana in Ethiopia and flows into Sudan from south west.
- The blue Nile and white Nile meets at Sudan and after that go on their long journey.
- This river flows through 11 countries: Ethiopia, Republic of Sudan, South Sudan, Egypt Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, The democratic of republic of Congo, Eritrea, and Kenya.
- This river is primary source water for Sudan and Egypt.
- Major cities on this river are Jinja, Juba, Khartoum and Cairo.
- In Egypt, Nile river creates a fertile green valley across the dessert.
- The Nile delta is 100 miles long and 150 miles wide.
- Volley ball World Cup
Volley ball World Cup: Men’s World Cup Year Host Country Winner Runners-up 2nd Runners-up 1965 Poland Soviet Union Poland Czechoslovakia 1969 […]Electro discharge machining (EDM)
Electro discharge machining (EDM): We use electrical energy to cut the material to final shape and size. The work piece […]Nature of management
Nature of management: Nature of management can be described as follows. Continuous Process: Management is a never ending process. It will […]John F Kennedy
John F Kennedy: John Fitzgerald Kennedy was born on 29th May 1917 in Brookline, Massachusetts. Kennedy’s father was a highly successful […]