Role of IT in environment and human health:
Information technology (IT) is one of the fastest growing recent technology. Various software have been developed for environment and health care which are user friendly and help in better understanding for the topic. A lot of techniques are used under IT for development and application of computational tools to acquire, store, analyze and visualize satellite data which is used for observation, and protection of environment Due to the development of the internet and information through the satellites a wide database is generated which is the collection of various interrelated articles.
Role of IT in environment:
- Remote Sensing and GIS (Geographic Information System) provides data and knowledge concerning the global environment as it is used for mapping and monitoring various natural resources.
- Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) and Government of India (GOI) have created an Environment Information System (ENVIS). Different ENVIS centers are set up in different organizations for information collection, storage which work towards boosting the relationship between trade and environment
- IT is used for computer based modeling and simulation of environmental scenarios for analysis and prediction.
- It enables environmental scientists and researchers around the world to communicate, collaborate and coordinate.
Role of IT in in human health
- IT can be used for audio, visual and data communications for medical consultation, diagnosis, treatment, nursing and medical education.
- IT is used for testing of DNA, creating DNA database and genetic information about population. Medical records and finger prints which are used by investigating agencies to identify missing persons and criminals.
- IT helps in spreading awareness about endemic, epidemic and communicable diseases. With the help of Remote Sensing and GIS there is identification of several infested areas which are prone to some diseases like malaria etc. based upon mapping of such areas.