- Manpower requirements-The very first step in staffing is to plan the manpower inventory required by a concern in order to match them with the job requirements and demands. Therefore, it involves forecasting and determining the future manpower needs of the concern. It involves determining the number of employees required in the organization and the number of staff available to fill the positions.
- Recruitment-Once the requirements are notified, the concern invites and solicits applications according to the invitations made to the desirable candidates. Recruitment is the process of attracting qualified applicants for a specific job. The process begins when applications are brought in and ends when the same is finished. The result is a pool of applicants, from where the appropriate candidate can be selected.
- Selection-Selection is procedure of selecting the best suitable candidate from among the induced candidates for that particular job. It involves steps lof screening, written test and personal interview
- Orientation and Placement-Once screening takes place, the appointed candidates are made familiar to the work units and work environment through the orientation programmes. Placement takes place by putting right man on the right job.
- Training and Development-Training is a part of incentives given to the workers in order to develop and grow them within the concern. Training is generally given according to the nature of activities and scope of expansion in it. Along with it, the workers are developed by providing them extra benefits of in depth knowledge of their functional areas. Development also includes giving them key and important jobs as a test or examination in order to analyze their performances.
- Remuneration-It is a kind of compensation provided monetarily to the employees for their work performances. This is given according to the nature of job- skilled or unskilled, physical or mental, etc. Remuneration forms an important monetary incentive for the employees.
- Performance Evaluation-In order to keep a track or record of the behavior, attitudes as well as opinions of the workers towards their jobs. It is the process of getting information about employees actual performance at the job and comparing them with desired result as planned.
- Promotion and transfer-Promotion is said to be a non- monetary incentive in which the worker is shifted from a higher job demanding bigger responsibilities as well as shifting the workers and transferring them to different work units and branches of the same organization.