- Tapi is also known as Tapti river. It is one of the important westward flowing river in India.
- Tapi is river of Central India and it flows between the Godavari and the Narmada.
- It flows from east to west.
- Total length of this river is 724 kilometers.
- Tapi rises in the Satpura ranges in the Betul district of Madhya Pradesh The location is also known as Multai.
- This river flows in a rift valley parallel to the Narmada but it is much shorter in length.
- After flowing through Maharashtra it enters Gujarat where its mouth is near Surat.
- After Surat it is crossed by magdalla, ONGC bridge.
- Total catchment area of this river is 65,145 square kilometers.
- It’s basin cover 79% parts of Maharashtra, 15% parts of Madhya Pradesh, and the remaining 6% in Gujarat.
- Principal tributaries of this river are Girna, Purna, Panzara, Bori, Waghur and Aner.
- The main West flowing rivers are Sabarmati, Mahi, Bharathpuzha and Pariyar.
- Amitabh Bachchan
Name: Amitabh Harivansh Srivastava Date of Birth: 11th October, 1942. Place of Birth: Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh (U.P.) Father: Sh. Harivansh Rai Bachchan (Well known poet) […]Districts of Haryana
Formation of Haryana: Shah commission was set up by the Indian government under the chairmanship of justice J.C. Shah on […]